Home Links About

Dev log: Creating a browser part 3

I have a triangle:

For a long time, this did not work - the OpenGL context was acquired correctly, but I did not see anything. Turned out that I forgot to set the ExposureMask of the X11 window - after doing that, the Window was no longer plain white.

As of now, the code is a mess because I tried various things to get my triangle working. Therefore, the next steps are cleaning up the code and documenting everything. After that I will try to render text.

Update two weeks later: I am currently facing the issue of doing a proper viewport transformation. At the moment, the rendered text scales with the window size, which is not what I want. So I decided to learn a bit more about OpenGL before continuing here.

Part 4